For the latest updates and guidance on COVID-19, please visit the
Pennsylvania Department of Health COVID-19 Information Page
Additional information can be found through the Centers for Disease Control
Schaefferstown EMS is welcoming back our fellow community members that utilize our building as their meeting spot. There are some guidelines in place that all groups and their members MUST follow:
1) Group meetings/gatherings should be limited to no more than 25 persons at any time. All of those attending should wear a face covering/mask as able in order to follow current recommendations.
2) Social distancing of 6 feet between persons should be followed. If this cannot be attained in the Conference Room and/Lounge area of the building, chairs and tables may be moved to the Ambulance Bay area, but must be moved back into the Conference Room prior to departure at the end of your meeting/gathering. The garage doors may be opened to allow free air movement of the bay area (weather permitting of course).
3) Any person with ANY of the following symptoms within the past 48-72 hours should refrain from entering the building: fever of 100.4 or greater, persistent cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, chills, body aches, loss of taste/smell, or sweats.
4) Each leader/group organizer should utilize the provided non-contact thermometer at the main door to screen each participant as they enter the building. Any reading of 100.4 or higher should result in the participant being sent home immediately.
5) IMMEDIATE notification to 717-949-6963 if anyone that was in our building is now under suspicion of COVID or has tested positive for COVID, so immediate cleaning can take place.
6) Failure to comply with the above mentioned rules could result in the building being shut back down for an undetermined amount of time.